Many of our customers who are already using Joomla 1.6 ran into a lot of issues after attempting to update to 1.6.2. If you also ran into issues, you will be exicited to know that a new update has been released fixing many of the issues caused by the changes made in 1.6.2. You can visit the Joomla’s site to download the 1.6.3 update or using the Automatic Core Update feature built into Joomla 1.6.
To install updates using the new Automatic Core Update feature built into Joomla 1.6 simply do the following:
- Login to your joomla administrator area ( www.yourdomainname.com/administrator/ )
- Go to Extensions > Extension Manager > And click on “Update”
- Click on “Find Updates” and Joomla will automatically find any potential updates available to you.
- If you see that Joomla is now an option, check the box next to “Joomla” and click “Update”.
- Joomla will automatically update the next version of 1.6 for you.